Want to get rid of crooked cutting? Or are, Looking for an updated tool for absolute measurement?
A table saw alignment tool is an absolute solution as it comes with different measuring properties such as Digi align, dial indicator, etc that can ensure the accurate cutting angle and measurement.
If you’re going through the material without miter gauges, you may face problems in getting true ideas while cutting. It also may create a mess whether you are cutting in a straight line or not.
But, a table saw alignment kit can provide you with both the absolute and relative measurements. Besides, these upgraded tools can allow you to visualize the cutting condition along with showing accurate data.
Want more clarification about the best table saw alignment tool? Go through our detailed guide to pick the best one and get an accurate measurement in seconds!
Best Table Saw Alignment Tool- Guaranteed Perfect Measurement
As the table saw alignment tools can visualize the cutting condition and show accurate data, these tools are on-demand here. Let’s scroll through some of the best options.
Best Overall: iGaging 35-0928 Digital Table Saw Gauge
- Designed for completing numerous tests in your shop
- Test your table saw alignment, fence alignment
At the top of our list, we are introducing the iGaging 35-0928 Digital Table Saw Gauge manufactured by the Woodpecker family. The Digi Align of this saw alignment tool will provide the perfect measurement for testing table saw alignment. As a result, you can easily measure the capacity of your table saw. Let’s have a look at the specification of this table saw gauge.
- Designed with Digi Align
- Introduces standard miter slot
- Includes 3-way digital indicator
- Comes with a magnetic miter bar
- The lightweight design only weighs 1.15 lbs.
First, let’s talk about the CR2032 3v battery included in this digital table saw gauge. As this high-performance battery will provide high leak protection, you can get a long shelf life for your tool. Besides, the Digi Align will provide a perfect measurement that will confirm the length of the cutting.
In addition, the miter bar holds and fits the tool with a miter slot. The sliding movement from blade to miter slot or vice-versa is also ensured by this in case of checking the fence alignment. As a result, you can get an overview of your activities.
On top of that, the lightweight design of 1.15 lbs ensures easy maneuverability. It also includes the ABS hold function and data output that will give you the absolute value of numbers. Also, the indicator is ideal for all kinds of alignment tools that offer a versatile efficiency. That’s why it is the best table saw alignment gauge.
- CR2032 3v battery can ensure long shelf life
- The magnetic miter bar holds the tool against the miter slot
- The Digi Align provides accurate measurements on any steel
- a 3-way digital indicator gives reading in metric, inch, or fraction.
- The indicator with a 3/8 inch hole is usable with all alignment tools.
- The Miter bar is not fully adjustable with miter slots
- Plastic washers are unfit with the crossbar that cause damage.
Best For Adjustment: SG-WP Saw Gauge and Alignment Tool
- Perfect for both rip fence and saw blade alignments
- Automatically adjusts to the width of the miter slot
- Includes new lockable, plastic case
Next, we have the SG-WP Saw Gauge and Alignment Tool that comes with a dial indicator. As it rides perfectly to the miter slot, you can get the perfect adjustment to the width of the miter slot. Let’s look at the specs of this alignment tool that might help you to make a quicker decision.
- Includes a dial indicator
- Made with aluminum material
- Designed with a 5/8 inch wide slot
- Lockable plastic case with a rotation counter
- Comes with three precision ground steel pins.
Compared to the iGaging 35-0928 Digital Table Saw Gauge, this tool comes with an extraordinary part like a dial indicator that makes it perfect for adjusting with the center of the miter slot. Along with this, the ground steel pins automatically adjust the tool with the miter slot which makes the adjustment more perfect.
Moreover, the combo of table saw dial indicator and ground steel pins ensure you the real measurement. In fact, the 5/8 inch wide slot makes the fitting more accurate for you. Again, the rotation counter, scale, and bezel included in the dial indicator help it to adjust it perfectly.
Also, the lightweight design can confirm your easy maneuverability. Hence, you can get smoothness while working. So, this alignment tool offers perfect up and down travel even in the center of the miter slot.
- Ground steel pins ensure automatic adjustment
- The scale and bezel make the use of the tool simple
- The lightweight design of 2.2 lbs makes the handling easier
- The dial indicator confirms perfect adjustment with the miter slot
- ⅝” slot makes perfect fitting for saw blade and rips fence alignment.
- TS blade may not parallel with the miter slot
- This alignment tool has a little mismatch in the plunger.
Best Budget: Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge Tool Kit
- MEASURE OR SET ANGLES, check relative angles, or can be used as a digital level
- REVERSE CONTRAST DISPLAY improves visibility
- MAGNETIC BASE attaches to conduit, pipes, saw blades and other ferromagnetic surfaces
At the 3rd spot, we have a Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge Tool Kit. As it comes with a reverse contrast display, it can improve visibility and gives you a clear view of the working process. To know what this tool kit offers, let’s have a look at the specifications.
- Includes V-Groove Edges
- Comes with a magnetic base
- Designed with a plumber’s kit
- The contrast display offers a clear view
- Engineered with quality length straps.
Let’s go through this gauge in detail. As the tool kit is made to use on a digital level, you can easily set or measure relative angles. Unlike the previous SG-WP saw gauge and alignment tool, this one includes digital level measures that have a range of 0-90° or 0-180°. As a result, it can ensure better measurement on any level.
Besides, the magnetic base can be attached to pipes, conduits, saw blades, and any kind of ferromagnetic surface. Not only that, the plumber’s kit straps can be used on the non-magnetic surfaces present as a magnetic surface and attached with conduit and pipes. Hence, you can use this gauge on any kind of surface according to your necessity.
However, the flexible and adjustable straps can connect the metal plate to the conduit, pipes, and other objects. Further, the V- groove edges enable the optimal alignment of pipes and conduit. That’s why this level and angle gauge tool kit helps to complete tasks smoothly.
- Reverse contrast display improves visibility
- Magnetic base attaches ferromagnetic surfaces
- V-groove edges enable optimal alignment on pipes
- Plumber’s kit straps to non-magnetic pipes and conduit
- Length straps connect the metal plate to pipes or other objects.
- A little bit heavy gauge
- Magnets are present on only one edge.
Best For Durability: Fowler Mini MAG Digital Protractor
- Angle Measuring Tool: The mini-MAG protractor provides instant 360° digital display of any angle; has embedded magnets with a 3.5-lb pull on both sides and the bottom, making it ideal for a variety of measurements
- Accurate and Precise Measurements: This digital angle gage features a resolution of 0.05°, accuracy of ±0.2° and repeatability of 0.05°
- Long Battery Life: The mini-MAG uses a standard 9V battery that lasts for up to 250 hours
Finally, we have a Fowler Mini-MAG Digital Protractor that includes an instant 360° digital display. Now, as the display offers a view from any angle, this tool can give you a clear view of the working process. Let’s have a look at the specification of this mini MAG protractor tool.
- Instant 360° digital display
- Includes embedded magnets
- Comes with a standard 9V battery
- 3.5-lb pull on both sides and the bottom
- A resolution of 0.05° offers accuracy at cuts.
Most of the alignment tools include a low-quality battery that runs out quickly. In fact, these batteries become a burden as it is hard to find such batteries. But, this Fowler comes with a standard 9V battery. As a result, it can last for up to 250 hours. Besides, the low battery indicator keeps you updated when it is time to replace it with a new one.
Compared to the Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge Tool Kit, this one includes embedded magnets. Due to such high-quality magnets, it can offer up to 3.5-lb pull on both sides and the bottom. Hence, this mini MAG digital Protractor tool kit is ideal for a variety of measurements.
In addition, this alignment tool comes with a resolution of 0.05° which increases the accuracy of the tool. So, when you adjust the tool with the miter slot, it can make the adjustment more accurate than any traditional tool.
On top of that, the display of this alignment tool automatically inverts, making the reading easy and quick. Also, the compact design of the tool requires a few inches in the cabinet.
- A standard 9V battery can last for up to 250 hours
- 360° digital display offers a clear view of the working process
- Display automatically inverts that make reading easy and quick
- The compact design of the tool requires a few inches in the cabinet
- Embedded magnets offer up to 3.5-lb pull, ideal for various measurements.
- It is a little hard to adjust with saws
- One side of this tool is a little inaccurate
How Do You Align a Table Saw Blade?
Place the table saw blade and miter slot at a parallel line. To remove the excess resistance and friction and increase the shelf life of your miter saw blade, you need to continue with a perfect alignment.
Not just smooth cutting, the risk of kickback is also reduced due to the perfect alignment. As a result, the saw blade ensures easy and safe cutting. The distance between the front side of the blade and the miter slot is measured.
After measuring the distance between the backside of the blade and the miter slot, compare it to the previous value. When they are perfectly equal, you can consider them parallel.
On top of that, to measure this equality, you will need a miter gauge that will help you to get absolute measurement through Digi align or other portions. Thus, you can align a table saw blade.
How Do I Make Sure The Table Saw Blade is Straight?
Simply use the feather boards to make sure of straight blade cutting. Basically, these feather boards possess a series of flexible wooden fingers that hold the wood against the fence tightly. As a result, you can get a straight cutting by your table saw blade.
In addition, the fingers of the board help to push the wood forward and create a strong position. As a result, the cutting angle becomes easy to maintain after such huge pressure. Hence, you can easily insert it by clamping in the table saw and enjoy the premium grade cutting.
How Do You Align a Table Saw Blade To a Miter Slot?
First of all, measure the distance of the miter slot to the single tooth. For the measurement, it is better to use an adjustable square. Before the alignment of a miter slot, disconnect the saw from the power source to avoid injuries.
Once you’re done with the measurement, rotate the blade towards the other end. Then, tilt the table to 45° to set the miter slot. Finally, repeat these steps again to align a table saw blade to a miter slot.
Why Is My Table Saw Not Cutting Straight?
If the saw blade is misaligned or warped, it won’t be able to produce straight cuts. Sometimes, the fence of the table saw becomes dissimilar to the blade causing the crooked cuts.
Also, if the blade is not tightened enough, it will not cut straight through the materials. So, always check the blade status to maintain straight cuts.
Finally, we are at the end of our detailed staircase. Among these saw alignment tools, the iGaging 35-0928 Digital Table Saw Gauge would be the best pick right now! As it comes with the Digi Align, this alignment tool provides accurate measurements on any steel materials.
If you’re looking for a reverse contrast display to get a clear view of the working, we suggest you go for Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge Tool Kit. Pick any of these alignment tools or use our detailed guide to choose the best one. So, choose your best table saw alignment tool today to get accurate measurements in seconds!